Discover: How to prevent dog bites case.
by Lateef Olajide
Of all the aggressive behavior in dogs dog bites is the most serious. However no matter how serious it may be you can contain it if you are able to diagnose the cause of this aggressive dog behavior. In the following 8 tips
1. Before you treat any illness you have to be able to recognize the type of aggression your dog is exhibiting. Bellow are few aggressive dog behavior you have to notice I will be expanding the subsequent tips.
dog to dog aggression
aggression towards infants
punishment or pain elicited aggression
protective or territorial agression
2. Then you have to consult an authority like professional trainner, veterinary behaviorist.
3. You need to avoid situations that elicit aggressive dog behavior.
4. Lots of the aggressions are even fault of the dog owners.
Many employ punishment in teaching obedience commands. All you have to do whenever you want to teach obedience comman is to use reinforcement methods.
5. Fit your dog with a head halter while training, a humane way to treat and
control your og. Use this option only on a temporary basis. Employ the service of
experience head halters to fit dog handler.
6. Fit your dog with a basket muzzle if restraint is necessary for extended periods (about 3-5minutes).
7. A helpful technique for behavior modification is obedience training, though this type of training will hardly eliminate a dog aggressive behavior.
8. It is advisiable for you not to approach a dog that is sleeping or unaware of your presence.
About the Author: Lateef Olajide is the author of "Aggressive Dog behavior
Traning blog." Visit his site to find out how you can get a free consultation.